As mums we always want the best for our little ones, so over the years I’ve given and taken as much advice as I can. From tried and tested teething tips to the best wine 😂. So here are my top 5 must haves for mums….
1. Wipes….EVERYWHERE. There is nothing worse than a nappy explosion and then you remember all the wipes are downstairs. Have a packet or 2 in every room to stop sticky situation(and fingers) arising. And my go to wipes at the moment are Mamia from Aldi, cheap and love the secure pack.
2. MAKE MUMMY FRIENDS…. there is nothing better than being around people that are sharing the same experiences, they give the best advice and listen without judgment, oh and the mummy nights out are always wild 😂.
3. SNACKS…..snacks are always great for Home life but they are even better when out and about, an unhappy 1 year old and a bored 3 year old is a lot to handle when you don’t have the security blanket of Home so having some easy treats on hand always helped me get things done. Fruit, crackers, rice snacks, there are literally hundreds of options down the baby isle or in your own cupboards. Ps always remember their water or milk, I’ve been caught short a couple of times 😩
4. GET RID OF WHAT YOU DONT NEED!….there’s no surprise that having children turns your house into a hoarders dream. Having a Clear out every couple of months is key, bag up what you may need(for next baby) and store away. The things you have no need for anymore, pass onto friends, charity shops or even sell. There’s nothing wrong with topping up the savings pot when you can, there beautiful babies are not cheap 😩.
5. MAKE TIME FOR YOU…..whether it’s a trip to the shops without the entourage or getting glammed up at the hairdressers it’s really important to not just be “mummy” all the time. Yes we adore our little ones but being with them 24/7 can be mentally exhausting at times. This goes for Dads as well, or even get the babysitter in and enjoy some quality time together. Happy parents make happy children ❤️
These are my top tips, these may not be everyone’s cup of tea but if you are a first time mum and unsure about what to expect then these may just help. Thank you for having a read and stay tuned for more in the future.